Terms and conditions
ABOUT THE EVENT
In addition to this registration site, the parisblockchainweeksummit.com
website provides information regarding the Event which may include the Event description, dates, location, schedules, news and important links for media, exhibitors and attendees.
ELIGIBILITY TO ATTEND EVENT
Industry Affiliation – This Event is a trade-only event for individuals 18 years of age or older and affiliated with the consumer technology industry and not open to the general public. Friends, family and children will not be granted access to the Event.
Age Requirement – Children under the age of 18 may not attend the Event. Approval will not be granted on-site.
Registration Data Collection and Processing – Chain of Events is collecting this registration information for the purpose of registering individuals to attend the Event. Chain of Events will process this information pursuant to legitimate interests of Chain of Events for registering you for the Event. In order to process registrations, this information is required. By submitting information in the registration process, you consent to your personal information being processed and used for the specific purposes set forth below:
- Chain of Events will retain this information for five (5) years.
- Information collected during registration will be used to process Event badges, verify consumer technology industry affiliation, send marketing emails if based outside of Europe, send transactional emails and correspondence directly related to Event registration purchase, and share with third parties directly related to the Event as detailed in the next point.
- The data may be shared with third parties under contract via confidential and secure methods for the specific purposes of show analysis, event production, event advertisement/marketing, press opportunities, and event hosting.
- Personal information will be collected and processed with appropriate security following applicable data privacy and protection laws/regulations.
- If you need to correct information or obtain a copy of the information you have submitted, please send a request to contact@blockchainweekparis.
Throughout the registration process you may make selections to opt in to or receive information on particular items. By selecting these options, you consent to information you provided during registration being shared with third parties based on your selections during the registration process.
- You request a special service with us. This typically relates to attendees who request additional services like accessibility or transportation services. This also relates to exhibitor coordinators whose contact information is shared with companies that provide Event services such as booth setup, transportation, electricity and similar exhibition services.
- The information is provided to data processors who perform functions on our behalf to process your data for one of the above services. Examples include companies that provide registration services for our events and companies that help to send our marketing email messages.
Registering on Behalf of Someone Else – If you are registering on behalf of anyone other than yourself, you represent that you are authorized to complete this registration, accept these Terms and Conditions on behalf of each person that you register, and that the information you provide is accurate. You agree to be solely liable for damages as a result of any information you provide, including opting-in to receiving communications at another’s email address. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Event owners/producers, their officers, directors, employees, agents and affiliates from all liability, damages, judgments and costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) for any claims brought by or on behalf of any third party arising from your conduct, misconduct or negligence in completing this registration on another’s behalf. You agree to provide a copy of these Terms and Conditions to the person(s) you are registering on behalf of and agree to be jointly accountable for any violation of these Terms and Conditions by anyone you registered.
Badges – Badges must be worn at all times during the Event. Badges are valid for the registered individual only. Badges remain the property of Chain of Events. We reserve the right to deny access to the Event or confiscate badges at any time.
- Identification – You will be required to show government-issued photo identification (for example, a passport, driver’s license or national ID card) when collecting your badge on-site.
- Badge Printing and Reprinting – All badge printing is done on-site at the Event. Badges are not mailed to registrants prior to the Event. All individuals must pick up their own badge at the time of arrival. We will not replace lost or stolen badges. If you misplace your badge, a new badge must be purchased at the on-site rate of $300.
- Badge sharing, splitting or duplicating – Badge sharing, splitting or duplicating made outside of the official Event registration system are strictly prohibited. Any registrant found in violation of this policy will have their badge confiscated, and they will be removed from the Event immediately and forfeit attendance eligibility.
- Exhibitor Scans – You may be asked to have your badge scanned at exhibit booths; please note scanning of your badge is entirely optional. The QR code on your badge does not contain personal information, however when you scan your badge you are authorizing Chain of Events to securely share the contact details you provided during the registration process with that exhibitor. The scan also confirms your intent to receive communications from that exhibitor. You will be subject to the communications and privacy policies of the exhibitors.
- Event Management Scans – You further agree that Chain of Events may monitor your choices with event participant tracking technology in order to better understand attendee interests and ensure our services meet attendee needs. Chain of Events will use this information internally in compliance with applicable laws. Data will be archived after five (5) years.
- Conference Program Scans: If you attend any conference programming, keynotes, or events you will be required to scan your badge. Your information, including your name, may be shared with conference producers and Event partners and/or sponsors.
POLICIES DURING THE EVENT
Conduct – Chain of Events is committed to safety, diversity, social responsibility, and observing and promoting the highest standards of ethical conduct. Chain of Events requires that all Event attendees behave respectfully towards other attendees and Event staff.
- By attending the Event, you agree to abide by all pertinent laws, ordinances, rules, and regulations. You must comply with all reasonable instructions given by Event staff and security personnel. You will not behave in any manner as to endanger or injure persons or property at the Event, or in any manner objectionable to, detracting from or out of keeping with the character of the Event. Chain of Events reserves the right to immediately prohibit or remove any attendee from any Events, if: (1) the attendee conducts activities detrimental to the goals and purpose of the Event; or (2) for any reason to protect the Event and its participants. If an attendee is removed or prohibited from the Event, that attendee will not be entitled to a refund of registration fees or any other fees, and will remain liable for any damages caused by its actions.
- Code of Conduct – Chain of Events has adopted a Code of Conduct for Chain of Events and by attending the Event, you agree to abide by the Code of Conduct.
ADA Service Animals – Service animals as defined by the ADA and under the Event’s state disability laws are permitted at the Event. Any other live animals, including but not limited to, pets, emotional support animals, therapy animals and animals used for demonstration are prohibited. Chain of Events reserves the right to exclude service animals if they pose a direct threat to the health and safety of Event attendees (i.e. aggressive behavior, not housebroken, or handler cannot control animal).
Conference Programming – Event conference programming is available on a first-come, first-serve basis, including paid conferences and keynotes. We recommend arriving early to all scheduled conference sessions.
Alcohol/Tobacco/Drugs – Chain of Events values participant health, safety and efficient operation of services at our Events.
- Alcohol may be consumed only in authorized locations at the Event for individuals of legal drinking age in the location of the Event.
- Smoking, including the use of smokeless tobacco products, e-cigarettes, and unregulated nicotine products is strictly prohibited except in designated areas. In Event locations where marijuana is legalized, attendees must follow all laws and venue regulations with respect to smoking.
- Unlawful use, possession, dispensing, sale or distribution of any illegal drugs is strictly prohibited at the Event.
Weapons/Firearms – No firearms, or weapons of any kind are permitted on the exhibit floor or at the Event. Replicas of weapons are also not permitted.
Security Procedures – It is important for Chain of Events to provide a safe experience for its Event attendees.
- Attendees must follow the instructions of security personnel at all times.
- The Event venue may be subject to video surveillance, maintained and kept by the specific venue.
- Bag Policy – Attendees may only bring two bags, each smaller than 12″ x 17″ x 6″ onto official show premises. Rolling bags of any size are not permitted on the show floor, including luggage. All bags are subject to search, and attendees will be subject to metal detection screening upon entry. You are encouraged to leave bags at their hotel and avoid bulk clothing to minimize search time. Visit www.parisblockchainweeksummit.
com for more information.
Personal Mobility Devices – Personal mobility devices (with or without motors) are not permitted at any Event venue without Chain of Events’ prior written consent. This includes Segways, hoverboards, skateboards, uniwheels, scooters and all similar products.
Photography/Video Notice – This Event is a widely-attended event. Chain of Events and third parties may photograph and/or video record activities at the Event for many purposes, including but not limited to, reporting, advertising and documentation purposes. By attending the Event, you consent to your image being captured and used.
- You grant us a license to use, edit, reproduce, record, modify, enhance, encode, translate, distribute, play, perform, make available to other users, prepare derivative works of and to display your image and/or likeness (your -Likeness-) by any media or methods whether now known or later developed. This license may be exercised in our sole discretion throughout the world at any time.
- You agree that this license is perpetual, royalty-free and transferable. You agree that we can sub-license this license to third parties. You irrevocably and unconditionally waive, with respect to your Likeness, all moral rights to which you may be entitled and any broadly equivalent rights in any territory of the world. This waiver is made in favor of Chain of Events but will also extend to our sub-licensees, assignees and successors in title.
Exhibit Disclaimer – Nothing contained in the exhibits represents the views or opinions of Chain of Events or its affiliates. Chain of Events does not accept liability of any kind in respect of the exhibits or any product or service referred to in the exhibits.
Outboarding and Suitcasing – Outboarding and suitcasing at the Event are strictly prohibited. Outboarding refers to any non-permanent exhibit, demonstration, event, or branded activation that lasts for more than one day during the Event and is set up outside of official Event venues at an off-site location. This includes events at hotel suites, meeting rooms, ballrooms, restaurants, clubs, etc. Please see Chain of Events’ Outboarding Policy. Suitcasing refers to the practice of companies or persons who go to events as attendees but set up quasi-exhibits in the aisles from their suitcase/briefcase, soliciting business from other attendees and exhibitors. For the good of the Event and the exhibitors supporting the event, the only legitimate place to conduct business during Event is within a contracted exhibition or hospitality space within the official Event venues. You agree not to attract directly or indirectly any other attendee or participant to a location outside the official Event venues in order to present products or services during the Event.
Distribution – The distribution of printed matter or advertising material, the affixing of stickers and posters, as well as the unauthorized use of advertising media is prohibited. Special rules and regulations apply to exhibitors.
Changes to Event – It may be necessary for reasons beyond our reasonable control (including, but not limited to, acts of God, severe weather, fire, explosion, terrorist acts or threats, any industrial action or widespread illness) to alter the advertised content, timing and/or location of the Event or to cancel the Event. We reserve the right to do this at any time and we will not be liable to you for any cost or other expenses incurred by you as a consequence (including, without limitation, registration, travel and accommodation expenses).
- Cancellations for paid registrations received in writing by March 16, 2019 are refundable, less a $50 processing fee. After March 16, 2019, cancellations are subject to the entire fee. If you do not cancel by March 16, 2019 and do not attend the Event, you are still responsible for payment. All cancellation requests should be sent to contact@blockchainweekparis.
- Substitutions may be granted on a case-by-case basis if received in writing by March 16, 2019. Limit one substitution per registration to another individual within the same company who meets all registration requirements.
GENERAL LEGAL TERMS
Ownership – Registering for and attending the Event does not grant you any rights to use any of the Chain of Events trademarks or logos. The services and associated material provided by registering and attending the Event, including all images, designs, photographs, writings, graphs, data, or otherwise are the property of Chain of Events and are protected by copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights.
Force Majeure – Chain of Events is not liable and will not pay any compensation where the performance of our obligations is prevented or affected directly or indirectly by or as a result of force majeure or any circumstances beyond our reasonable control including, but not limited to, Acts of God, war, government authority or regulations, terrorism, disaster, fire, flood, labor disputes, strikes other than those of the seller or its suppliers, civil disorder, health risk, insurrection, communication line failures, power failures, curtailment of transportation, or other similar cause or threat making it inadvisable, illegal, or impossible to perform to hold any part of the Event or provide the facility.
Participation Liability – You agree and acknowledge that you are participating in the Event and associated activities on your own free will and are fully aware that physical injury might occur as a result of participation in this Event. You assume responsibility for your own well-being.
Limitation of Liability and Indemnification – You, your successors and assigns release Chain of Events, its officers, employees, agents and contractors from any and all claims you may have against Chain of Events arising out of, or related to the Event, including, but not limited to: loss, theft, damage, delay or non-delivery; any injury to you, your employees, agents, representatives or guests while on Event premises; failure to hold the Event as scheduled; or any indirect, incidental, consequential, special or exemplary damages. Chain of Events’ aggregate liability to you in respect of all losses, liabilities or damage suffered by you arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions or your attendance at the Event will not exceed the value of registration cost. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Chain of Events from any and all damage, loss, liability, claim or expense (including legal fees) arising out of, or in connection with: (1) the violation of any law or ordinance by you, your employees, agents, representatives, guests, or others; (2) damages to property or personal injury caused by you, your employees, agents, representatives or guests while in the show premises; and (3) your presence in and use of the show premises.
Governing Law – These Terms and Conditions and the rights and obligations of both parties will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of France without giving effect to any conflicts of law rules that would cause the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction. You consent to the exclusive jurisdiction in the courts of France in respect of any dispute which arises.